Parenting refers to raising a child and providing them physical, social, intellectual, and wholesome personality development from being a newborn to adulthood. It involves a lot of hardships to raise a child who’s not spoiled. There aren’t any perfect formulae to raise a child. There are many ways you can raise your child. The researchers have said to prove that a child isn’t all about his accompany, also about what he spectates. Children become what they adapt themselves toward.
Significance of parenting
It is to be believed that parents have a long assertive effect on the growth of a child. Whether he turns out good or bad, either way, it’s all up for the parent’s responsibility. Few researchers have challenged this, as there are tons of other factors that can hinder a child’s growth. Children usual inclined the behaviour they adapt themselves from; it can be peer pressure, insecurity, violent neighbourhood. Some things are also genetically adapted, like intelligence, looks, and much more. Poverty and culture are practised variously in different regions, which can also hinder a child’s perspective.
Good vs Bad parenting
If we look into the history of raising a child, There are various believes toward parenting. Few things separate a good parent from a bad one. A good parent tends to encourage their child to praise and appreciate little things. They insist their child help at home without being paid, making them a kind person who won’t hesitate to help people around. They cooperate and worrying over consequences than troubling their kids over why & what. Bad parenting includes:
- Domestic violence.
- Unwanted threats.
- The hostile environment around children.
Leading the children to adopt several issues like aggression and emotional disbalance.
Different types of parenting
There are four types of parenting –
- In authoritarian, the communication tends to be one way only, from parents to child. Strict discipline language is used in the household to make their child obedient.
- In permissive, parents let their children do whatever they like to do and figure out their problems on their own. They’ve almost no restrictions. Communication is both ways, almost like friends.
- In uninvolved, parents get out of the way of their children. This type of parents have no hopes for their children, and communication between them is rare.
- In authoritative, the communication and restrictions are appropriate for the child’s level. They demonstrate clear expectations toward their child. They also interact actively with their child.